Golly gee whiz! There's a new version of xGestures, version 1.9.2! As always, you can download it here: https://briankendall.net/xGestures/download.htm
This update doesn't add any new features, but it fixes a bunch of important stuff, some of which had been bothering me for years. Why I waited this long to fix these bugs is a mystery to me. I know that people have a way of tolerating and getting used to little bugs and annoyances in apps that they love, and I think I was doing that with xGestures. But then a little while later I had this "lightbulb over the head" moment where I was like, wait a minute, this is my app, why don't I just fix the damn thing?
This version also seems to work just fine in macOS Sonoma, at least according to a friend who's been running the beta for a few months now.
Here are the fixes:
- Fixed application Exposé in macOS Ventura
- Perform Keystroke action can now type keystrokes involving the numpad or navigation keys (e.g. arrow keys, home, end, etc.)
- Fixed bug where sometimes a gesture would get "stuck" down
- xGestures no longer freezes indefinitely when interacting with apps that have unresponsive UI
- Fixed rendering bugs when drawing a gesture path
- Fixed gestures being misdetected due to small movements from certain mice with high refresh rates (e.g. the MX518)
- Fixed erroneous rocker gesture that could occur after switching away from an app that has gestures disabled